Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Costumes/props/mis-en-scene

Mis-en-scene included in beauty magazines


Women are what's normally shown in beauty magazines. They are shown as beautiful and flawless to the readers. Societies beauty conceptions depict that standard women have to be skinny, tall, curvy, and have perfect skin to be what's considered "beautiful". In my magazine, I will demonstrate the real meaning of beauty. I will interview a famous celebrity and ask them about beauty standards and if they agree with them. I can also include uplifting quotes on the cover of my magazine to make readers interested and maybe even make them smile.

Beauty products are also shown inside beauty magazines. Products like makeup, skin and hair care, fragrances, hair appliances and nail products are included in these magazines. In my magazine, I will include pictures of drugstore makeup products like E.L.F. and L'Oréal Paris. These products are affordable but still good quality which will attract people to read my magazine.



Here is a long shot of me at the beach. I need to go back to the beach and take more pictures earlier during the sunrise when the sky is pink. I can use a picture like this for my cover image.


Model's Mis-en-scene: The model for my magazine will have very subtle makeup. Some light mascara, eyeliner, highlighter and lipgloss will be the most suitable makeup for my model. They will have on jewelry like silver necklaces, silver hoops earrings and rings on their hands. My models hair will either be pulled back into a hair clip or will be down and flowing with the wind at the beach. The outfit the model will be wearing will either be pink or black.



This is a picture of my location for my magazine. It is the sunrise at the beach. As you can see there are pink colors in the sky which will match my pink, white and black theme.



This is a product picture I took at the beach during the sunrise. Since this sunrise didn't have many pink colors, I can edit the picture with some pink filters. These are E.L.F. products from the drugstore that I will include in my magazine.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty Magazine

                                                              Beauty Magazine   My beauty magazine, True Beauty is complete! I used the gra...